Jan 2009
Alan and I ran away to Solvang, CA for a day. Solvang is a little Scandinavian town in the Santa Ynez Valley. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Solvang. Our room had a balcony that we could view the valley from.
As we drove around the area we drove to Los Olivos, CA. The town is decorated in a western and wine theme. The Santa Ynez Valley is known for their wineries.
One the way to Los Olivos is a horse ranch that raises miniature horses. As you drive by you can see the small horses running in the fields.
There was also a lavender farm that we stopped at. Alan bought lavender honey (which he hates the taste – too strong) and I bought some lavender pillow spay (which I love).

Part of any vacation is buying souvenirs. We bought small wooden shoes that will go on our magnet board.
The other souvenirs we bought were not from the cute shops we went into but the local hardware store in Solvang. A very large red wooden bowl that was on the sales table.
A soap dish for our shower.
We love the Solvang area and almost move there.

1 comment:
STRANGE souvenirs! You and Dad are strange, so I shouldn't be too surprised by your souvenirs. ;)
Post a Comment